According to prestigious American magazine World Literature Today, five Polish titles are in the best 75 translations published in the USA in 2013. The authors have said that the 75 Notable Translations 2013 is incomplete and rather subjective. As far as Polish translations are concerned, most of them are poetry. The jury favoured volumes of Różewicz, Różycki and Mikołajewski. Two books of poetry were published thanks to the support of the ©POLAND Translation Program (Różewicz and Mikołajewski). The honoured Polish books are:
• “The Assassin from Apricot City” [“Zabójca z miasta moreli”] by Witold Szabłowski;
• “Colonies” [“Kolonie”] Tomasz Różycki;
• “Froth: Poems” [“Wybór Wierszy”] by Jarosław Mikołajewski;
• “21:37” by Mariusz Czubaj;
• “Mother Departs” [“Matka odchodzi”] by Tadeusz Różewicz.
Różewicz’s “Mother Departs” has already been earmarked for the final of the People’s Book Prize, a British prize awarded by readers.
- Reading the apocalypse in bed (Bookstore #6) (adventuresinamericanwriting.wordpress.com)
- 2014 – Year of Jan Karski (newzar.wordpress.com)